08 September 2013

The New Deal

Honore Daumier: Baissez le rideau, la farce est jouee. (Lower the curtain, the farce is ended.)
In this case, it continues on in a new act.
As you can probably tell by the above picture, as well as the new look, title, and feel of this blog, I've done some serious housekeeping and I might also be obsessed with art deco styling (the latter is nothing new). And if you've popped in for a read in the last twenty-four hours, you've probably seen the awkward birthing process of this whole ordeal. Really, it was time for a change.

I've been actively employed, even if not fully employed, for a whole year now. I no longer have "adventures in funemployment" but rather "adventures in funderemployment" and that's just too much of a mouthful. Moreover, I sincerely hope I'm never funemployed again. I do hope that I could find a full time job with benefits, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

It was time for a change, a new deal, and look and attitude. This blog looked dated and weird and sloppy. And it didn't visually reflect who I am. Plus, we all need a makeover once in a while, right? And I've been flexing my creative muscles lately, designing invitations for Ada's step-mom's birthday party and my sister-in-law's upcoming baby shower. So I decided to apply some of this creative energy to my own selfish project for a change. One of the things I made is below:

When you are desperate enough to do some graphic design in Word, you're desperate enough. Tutorial on how I did this can be found here. (I was only lacking most of the tools.)
(I promise to relinquish the teal and orange in the future, it has just seemed the most appealing color palette to me of late. I even updated my resume in teal. I might have a problem.)

No comments:

Post a Comment